Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Auckland early morning run

Well, Craig, Dad and I all arranged to go for a run early in the morning prior to heading down to Taupo whilst Faye was going to rest her calf and hit the elliptical trainer in the gym.

It was unanimous - we all had a shocking night's sleep due to the outside noise of trucks, cars, people, etc, etc.  It was bad, I felt like the walls were made of cardboard.  I wished I had earplugs!

Anyway, we didn't want to miss out on the morning's exercise seeing as we had a bit of a drive down to Taupo and then we had a busy afternoon getting bikes built, etc.

We headed out along the water for 15mins and back 15mins all at a nice light jog.  I was really disappointed when we had to turn around as it was a beautiful morning, I was feeling great and I was really enjoying the views of the bay and different scenery.

So, we then headed off across town to pick up the hire cars and have another game of 3D tetris; this time with 2 cars and more luggage!  Luckily, Craig was a Storeman and Packer in a previous life.

0 comments: