Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, March 1, 2010

last training in AUS!!!

Today is the last training session before we head out to the airport early in the morning to Taupo.  Home of Ironman NZ!!!

The session was a 45min easy spin.  It was wet and ugly outside so I opted for a wind trainer session whilst watching the Today show.  Very civilised.

My pre-race reflections are to try and enjoy the race, take in the scenery, know that I have done the work and that I have had a good preparation with no illness or injury.  I want to wake up on the morning and say that "I am strong, I deserve this success as I have worked hard for it!"

I just hope that my feet and legs don't give me too much curry on the rain.  I expect to get pain, I probably won't feel as though I have earnt the medal without the pain, but I just hope that it is not really, really awful...

Wish me luck.

0 comments: