Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We're in Taupo!

We had a leisurely stroll to Taupo arriving just on lunchtime.  Craig, Dad and Faye spent the afternoon putting our bikes together while I took our wetsuits down to get dipped.  Lake Taupo is so pure they don't want any noxious weeds being brought into the environment, so all wetsuits had to be dipped prior to swimming. Mum and I then went and got some groceries for tonight's dinner as we didn't want to risk eating out so close to the race.  We then took the bikes for a ride up over the hill out of Taupo and then rolling around until we had ridden for 40 minutes.  The hill was fine, the gradient wasn't too steep, it was easy to stay seated and it actually isn't that long at all.  After our ride we headed to Ironman Race Central to get the bikes and helmets checked by the Avanti guys.  An adjustment to my bike and we were all given the tick of approval.

A quiet night at home and we were all feeling a bit relieved to have our bikes all in one piece and riding well and approved. 

0 comments: