Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ahh, the life of a Sloth!

I have been living it up! I have been sleeping in, staying up late, eating junk food (ok, this is normal - just I've been eating more of it than normal!) and basically not exercising.

However, it has been a full on two weeks! I have played touch football on both Wednesday's with the guys from work which has been the sum total of my exercise with the exception of a swim down at Port Macquarie. We went down there to watch the Ironman which was quite an experience. 12 of us from BTS went down in a bus to support Tim from BTS and there were a number of other athletes down there that we knew competing. It was awesome to watch everyone. Such a tiring day, I don't know how they do it... We managed to stay and watch the last guy in at 23:26, with 4 minutes to spare before the 17 hour cutoff!!! Absolutely amazing.

Craig is wanting to do this next year so it was good to go and get a feel for it and know what he would be up against.

Whilst down there I purchased a wetsuit! Lyndell from the Aqua Shop and her husband Craig were a great help. The let my try on a couple and then go for a swim an see how it went. What a difference that makes! It does feel a bit tight around my neck, but I wasn't too panicky in it so I should be OK once I have swum in it a number of times and gotten the hang of it.

I am considering training for the Gold Coast Half Ironman triathlon in October of this year. This is big for me and it is freaking me out a little! My main problem is going to be the run as I can't seem to get a great deal of run training in without getting injured which means I am going to be spending a lot of time on my trusty steed getting cardio fitness on the bike! I am considering upping the ante on my cycing to 4 times a week. I'll then do 2 runs and 3 to 4 swims and see if I can get there on that. I should be able to if I am consistent enough.

Feel funny writing all of that when I have just consumed a huge pile of ice cream and have done no exercise for what feels like ages. I am feeling slothful and have put on weight so I think it will be good that my break is up and I am back into it next week!

Tomorrow I am volunteering for the Weet Bix Kids Tryathlon, this is a great event. Blake and Rachel (Craig's kids) will be doing it. We set up a transition practice in the back yard this afternoon and they are all sorted. They know what they are up against and they are all geared up. Luckily there will be no timing, no places and they are encouraged to take as long as they need to take. They did this event last year and had an absolute ball. I can't wait to see how they go tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't rain!

0 comments: