Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Run and Swim

Tonight was a sort of brick session.

I ran from work and then did the swim session. The run from work was an evil necessity as I had worked late the night before and didn't want to get up early for a run. I was going to run at lunchtime but it just didn't work so I ended up doing the run from work to the pool thing.

It was not the most enjoyable run; people smoking on the footpath, pollution from the cars and buses, having to wait for the lights to change, etc.

I got to the pool in 14 minutes and ended up doing a loop around the block to make it up to just over 20 minutes. I was just starting to feel OK towards the end of the run.

Then I got changed and did the swim.

We did the following:
500m flippers
500m pool buoy
400m 25 kick/25 free
400m IM with flippers -butterfly, breaststroke with butterfly kick, backstroke and then freestyle. This was quite tiring, you never really get into a stroke as you are changing so quickly.

I ended up with a cramp in my foot and toes, so opted to finish the session prior to the warmup. Overall it was an OK session, although not one I loved due to the pool buoy and flippers!

0 comments: