Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Ride Inside

It is becomng quite apparent that my cycling has suffered the most from my break. Jeez I struggled with this session!

We did a warmup followed by a ladder of 8min, 6min, 4min, 2min efforts at 110 cadence with a 3min break between each. I could not for life or money get my cadence at 110. I don't know why, I just couldn't do it! My legs were just not there for me today.

Ray was beside me and using me to measure cadence as he doesn't have a cadence computer so I had to tell him to go a bit quicker than me as I was at 100, not 110. This was on my third easiest gear with no resistance. Not pretty...

After this set we did 3 x 3 min efforts with a 90 cadence but in our big chain ring and in a hard gear at the back with resistance on the trainer.

Again, I really struggled with this, it felt as though I was climbing Mt Cootha! My cadence was at about 65 for most of this.

The only way is up from here!

We did a run off the bike, I started out with quick short steps to get the legs pumping from the Mt Cootha climb that I just did and was running quite nicely, but then after about 100mtrs I started to get my left calf twinging with the threat of a cramp, so I backed it off a bit and just chortled along at 80%.

This session was really hard, it took me until after lunchtime before I had recovered, I was feeling shattered!

0 comments: