It is becomng quite apparent that my cycling has suffered the most from my break. Jeez I struggled with this session!
We did a warmup followed by a ladder of 8min, 6min, 4min, 2min efforts at 110 cadence with a 3min break between each. I could not for life or money get my cadence at 110. I don't know why, I just couldn't do it! My legs were just not there for me today.
Ray was beside me and using me to measure cadence as he doesn't have a cadence computer so I had to tell him to go a bit quicker than me as I was at 100, not 110. This was on my third easiest gear with no resistance. Not pretty...
After this set we did 3 x 3 min efforts with a 90 cadence but in our big chain ring and in a hard gear at the back with resistance on the trainer.
Again, I really struggled with this, it felt as though I was climbing Mt Cootha! My cadence was at about 65 for most of this.
The only way is up from here!
We did a run off the bike, I started out with quick short steps to get the legs pumping from the Mt Cootha climb that I just did and was running quite nicely, but then after about 100mtrs I started to get my left calf twinging with the threat of a cramp, so I backed it off a bit and just chortled along at 80%.
This session was really hard, it took me until after lunchtime before I had recovered, I was feeling shattered!
Life as a Needle Sticker
-
I think my body is rebelling against having a needle stuck into it every
day. My belly seems to have started developing this little roll of self
protecti...
15 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment