Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sloth to Athlete transition - slowly!

I was down to do a 20 - 30 minute easy run today.

So I toddled down to Roma Street Parklands and commenced my run. It was horrible. I felt awful, my legs were really tight and I couldn't get my HR down to less than 150 something even though I was being overtaken by waddling ducks!

My calves were really tight and I was swimming straight after so I decided to settle on 20 minutes waddle, oops I mean run and do a bit of stretching afterwards.

Normally it takes me 20 minutes to warm up so I'm hoping that this felt so horrible because I hadn't warmed up (and the two weeks off probably didn't help!).

0 comments: