Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stairs...

Today was stairs with Robson and the BTS crew.

Goddam stairs! We headed out to Kangaroo Point where we did some drills and then we ran up the stairs a couple of times. Then we headed across the top of Kangaroo Point towards the bridge and then found some more stairs where we did 4 loops of stairs and then running up to the top of the road at race pace and then easy jog recovery back. This was hard work. I managed to keep up with Sophie which was good. We then did a 5k race pace back to the Kangaroo Point stairs (which always ends up being just a bit quicker than 5k race pace!!!).

We then did another 2 lots of stairs and then we had a bit of a tempo run back where we set out an easy pace for 1/3rd then upped the tempo for the 2nd 3rd and then flat out for the last bit. This was hard work, the last part was coming up the hill towards to Goodwill bridge. I knew that somebody was right behind me so I was trying to hold them off or gain some distance from them, but I couldn't shake them. I kept trying to go faster and was just under the "oh my god I am going to throw up" threshold. I got to the top of the hill and walked, gasping for breath and then Sophie ran past me and called out "All the way to the bridge Emma". I forgot that the top of the hill wasn't where we were stoping, it was the bridge! Oh well... All in all it was a great session. I am starting to feel as though I am getting somewhere with my running.

0 comments: