Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Another 2 sessions in 1 day!

Well, today was a good solid days training.

I did a run this morning which was a bit of an odd session. It sounds really easy, but it was quite intense. I had a 15min warmup, 3 sets of bum kicks, 3 sets of high knees followed by 10 x 50mtrs @ 80% with a 10min warm down. I was quite pleased with how I went, on the warm down there was a moment - albeit it brief when I was running under 6min/ks and it felt fairly easy, however most of it was between 6:15 and 6:30min/ks. I'll get there!

Lots of stretching afterwards and I rolled on my ITB roller for a good while on both legs and released my hip muscle on the rhs while everything was nice and warmed up. The luxury of running from home while on holidays, it really is good to finish a run and then straight into stretching, hydrating, eating without having to worry about racing to work, finding a car park, getting into the showers, getting myself organised and then worrying about food and hydration. Maybe I should win lotto and quit work! Ok.... I'm dreaming now!

I did my first squad swim tonight at the valley pool - the first time in ages, months in fact... It was a good session to come back into - fairly aerobic with some technique sets thrown in. It consisted of:

4 x 100 - 75 free, 25 breaststroke - concentrating on high elbows
16 x 25mtrs kick with flippers - concentrating on kicking from the hips
4 x 50mtrs 25 closed fist, 25 normal free
8 x 50m 15sec rest
4 x 100m 10sec rest
2 x 200m 5sec rest
100m breastroke cool down.

It was probably enough for me! I felt a lot better in this session compared to doing my 1500m continuous swim yesterday at Chandler. I think it may have been because they had the Valley pool split so it was 25mtrs. Also it helps to be swimming in a lane with other swimmers that are similar to you. I was swimming with Ixchel and Kaye and it was good to have them there keeping me honest.

I feel good, I feel as though I am back into it now. My diet has improved, I'm not eating the garbage that I was eating, although I did have a caramello and a milo today, it's a gradual process of improvement!

0 comments: