Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Easy 45min run

I love these sessions.

Easy 45min run with HR between 140 and 155bpm. I ran from my work at QR down Ann Street on to the river, over the Goodwill bridge (quick drink stop here) around to the left in front of the Kangaroo Point cliffs and then over the Story Bridge and down into the Riverside Centre. The idea was to keep my HR at 140 -155bpm. It was just over 150 for most of it even though I was running really slowly.

But, I didn't care; I enjoyed the scenery, I felt good, the sun was shining and it was a pleasant morning to be out enjoying a run! I could run like this all the time that's for sure. I didn't have to be humiliated by all of the fast runners and I could just go at my own comfortable pace. Maybe I'm a turtle instead of a hare - slow and steady. Jeez that sounds like the words of a future age group champion - not!!!

The good thing is that I didn't pull up sore at all and I wore my skins all day at work and my legs feel great - no niggles, so I'm thrilled with that.

0 comments: