Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I love hills!

Today was hill repetitions up Mt Gravatt hill. This is a great hill, I remember the first time that I made it to the top, I was so chuffed it was incredible!

This was also my first ride with the pack since my stack. I was really nervous before it, but once I got there and everyone was chatting it distracted me from being completely terrified which was good.

My group (called the fast group, but we are really the slowest...) left first to give us a head start down to the mountain which is about a 15min ride from Stones Corner where we start. I took this opportunity to go out front which I thought might be a bit easier for me. What I didn't take into account though was the hill that greets us a couple of hundred metres up the road. I may have mentioned that hills aren't my strong point - well, needless to say I was soon at the back of the pack! But it felt OK, it all just felt natural, I was with people that I am comfortable riding with and I didn't have any problems riding in close proximity to them again which was a huge relief!

The mountain sets that we did were called gear ladders. The first time up we were in our easiest gear, next time up to the next cog and the next time one cog up again. I managed to do this, although the last time I had to go down a gear twice just quickly as my cadence was gettting below 40, so all in all I was quite happy with that. I would like to be climbing the mountain alongside Sophie and Jacque, but hey, I'll work up to it one day!

All in all a great ride for strength and for confidence.

0 comments: