Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back in the swim

After my disastrous swim last Thursday I decided to ease myself back into it by doing a 1500mtr swim at lunchtime on my own. Alicia and Tim from work came along and we all did our own thing.

I did a 1k continuous swim which I found OK, I was concentrating on my stroke and it actually wasn't feeling too bad. Then I did a 200mtr kick, 200mtr pool buoy bilaterally breathing and then 100mtr breaststroke.

I find the more relaxed and easy swimming I do the better it feels and funnily enough the faster I go. As soon as I try to go fast I don't get as much pull out of my stroke and it becomes inefficient, so whilst I didn't time anything today I am pretty sure that whilst my perceived effort was not high I think the time wouldn't have been too bad as I was concentrating on pulling my stroke right through and pushing it out the back and really grabbing the water out the front with my high elbows, even under the water.

I will do another session similar to this on Friday and then I will start with Trent's squad next week.

So, it was a very easy session, but at least I am back in the swim and it is a start. I am certainly feeling a bit more optimistic about my swimming now!

0 comments: