Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Max HR

Today I did the run sessions that I have been doing last week. These include a warmup and then some drills with the main set being 10 x 50mtrs @ 80% with walk back recovery.

My warmup felt OK and my drills were even feeling OK; I usually struggle with these in the technique department. I started doing my 10 x 50mtrs keeping an eye on my HR. My HR only got up to early 140's at the end of the first few 50mtrs and then it steadily climbed to the early 150's.

I decided to do an all out 100% effort on the last one and my HR was 181 when I finished, I couldn't believe it as it didn't feel as though I had put in that much more effort, I was certainly working at the 80% efforts, but this obviously tipped it over with the accumulation of the others.

So my new Max HR is 181.

Here are my new HR Zones:


Level 1 60-65% Recovery 109 - 118
Level 2 65-70% Endurance Base 118 - 127
Level 3 70-85% Aerobic Capacity 127 - 154
Level 4 85-92% Max Aerobic - Lactate Threshold 154 - 167
Level 5 92% + Anaerobic/Oxygen debt 167 - 181

Also, my coach said that it is too confusing to use my previous calculation including the rest HR, so we are purely taking the zones as a percentage of my max HR.

Finished the day with some core exercises from the Women's Health website: http://www.flashbonanza.com/womenshealth/workitout/ These are a great way to put together 6 exercises. I am doing the core exercises only and have included the Reverse Bicycle, Superwoman, Dead Bug, Big Hump, Hip Thrust Leg Curl and Reverse Crunch. I am finding them all a bit hard, but hopefully they will get easier over time. I will be doing these 2 or 3 times a week.

0 comments: