Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back on deck

Well, enough sitting around licking my wounds.

I didn't even turn the television on to watch the Australian Open tennis today (OK maybe just while I was eating my lunch...). I managed to use the last day of my sick leave productively - I went for a run. Well, I guess you could call it an amble if you were unlucky enough to witness it, but it felt like a run. I was working hard, breathing heavy and I was sweating, but unfortunately all that hard work did not result in much more than an amble.

The set consisted of the same as what I did last week:

15min warmup jog
3 sets of bum kicks
3 sets of high knees
10 x 50mtrs @ 80%
10min cool down - no such thing when you are as unfit as I am!

It felt good to be doing SOMETHING! I don't really care that it was slow and hard and proved how bad I was going, the only way from here is up.

My wounds (the gravel rash from my Saturday bike fall) are healing nicely. They had all kind of sealed after the copious spraying of Betadine that I had diligently been applying. I could feel the scab on my arm while running, I can't really explain it other than it felt disjointed to my arm and a bit yuck. I wonder how it will go with the vibration of riding a bike. I am doing an indoor spin on Friday and then a long bike ride on Saturday, so hopefully by Saturday it will be better.

I am still doing the 80k Hell of the West ride, it will just be slow and steady (and upright!!!).

Must remember; the rubber stays on the bitumen...

0 comments: