Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

A good run

I was not looking forward to the run today. I knew that it was going to be hard work. Funnily enough it was a fairly small turnout.

We warmed up at South Bank and did some stair work and then ran over the Victoria Bridge to the Botanic Gardens. I was really struggling with the warm up. I was running with Amy and Adele and I was really strugging just to keep up to them.

Once we got to the Botanic Gardens we did a small loop with 3/4 hard, jog back recovery and then straight into the next loop. I started off using Sophie and Sarah to pace off, but felt like I could push it a bit more, so I went past them not sure if I could sustain my pace or not, but because it was only a small loop I was able to hold the pace which was great. Managed to keep it up for the second loop too so I was pretty happy with that. Much more than that and my lack of endurance would have told a different story!

After that we did the dreaded 1 minute squat and then a sprint which is always hard work.

We then jogged back to South Bank working hard over the Goodwill Bridge. I ran with Sophie on the way back and we pushed each other along over the bridge. It felt good, I actually was feeling quite strong. The thing is the total session was only 1 hour and I think that really had a lot to do with it! Anyway, I was happy.

0 comments: