Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Spinervals are great!

Well, New Years Day brought about a day of relaxation and junk food with friends - a lovely day! So, today we (Craig, Dad and I) arranged to do a Spinervals (http://www.spinervals.com) session in our lounge room. We moved the couch out of the way, set up the 3 Mag trainers, brought in the heavy duty fan and put the DVD in and away we went. The DVD that we chose was "Big Gear Strength". Well... needless to say it was hard work; 1 hour of Coach Troy Jacobsen http://www.coachtroy.com/ telling us he wanted us to hurt! Hurt we did. These are great sessions, we use these when the weather is a bit dodgy or we are time constrained and they are the sort of sessions that you really can't bludge on! Dad is noticing a huge difference in how he is going with these sessions, he is a lot stronger on them. Both Dad and Craig were in their big gear and with the maximum resistance on the Mag Trainer, I was at about 3/4 which is pretty good for me.

We are heading up to Rainbow Beach for a few days to have a break with the kids, but we have chosen a place that has a 25m pool so I might be able to get back in the pool - I'll probably swim like a stone. We're also taking the bikes with us so that we can do a ride each - should be fun!

0 comments: