Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Running for the soul

I felt really down this morning. My arm is still swollen and not healing as quickly as I hoped. I spoke to the pharmacist yesterday about what I could do to get into the pool as soon as possible and he basically said that I had to wait a week. I skipped out on the BTS Saturday ride due to feeling nervous and there being a bit of rain about. So much for riding in the rain... So my thoughts were that everyone elses training was ploughing ahead whilst I was nursing scabs and being a complete wuss!!! I was not happy and feeling quite pathetic.

However, I went for a 7.5km run with Craig in the afternoon and it completely altered my mood. We drove up to Karawatha Park and ran through there, it was really lovely. I have decided that running through the bush is great! It was incredibly slow, Craig didn't mind going steady with me as he was doing a HR run and he had done a long hard ride in the morning. We were able to chat comfortably the whole way and admire the view. It was quite undulating but nothing too strenuous - just a really nice run.

So I am feeling a bit better about things. Not quite ready to register for Mooloolaba Triathlon, but getting closer.

0 comments: