Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

BTS is back from Holidays

Well, today marked the first day of my training back with BTS (www.brisbanetrisquad.com.au) with a River Loop on the bike. BTS had a 2 week break and it was interesting to see that most others are in the same boat as me. They have done some things over the break but not as much as they should have. So our cycling coach Byron thought that we should be snapped into some fitness. The river loop was broken up into two groups. I went out in the second group (the slower one). We had a fairly aerobic intensity the whole way around with about 5 all out 100% sprints thrown in for about 15secs each. I love these sprints! It was a good session, I felt as though I had done some work. I didn't have my HRM on and the speedo didn't work on my computer so no decent stats - I'll work on fixing these up as I am keen to guage improvemnt.

Also, I managed to go for a swim! What - 2 sessions in one day!!!

This is the first swim that I have done since the Raby Bay Gatorade Tri series on Dec 16 and I hadn't swum for a couple of weeks prior to that. Needless to say that it was not a great swim. I wasn't going to time it, I was just going to go out and do an easy 1500m concentrating on form and technique. At the 900m mark I really wanted to stop and do breaststroke - it was just plain hard work. I plugged on though. I realised pretty early on that it was going to be a bit of a shocker, I didn't do bilateral breathing (this is always difficult for me - something I need to work at), and I was not feeling at all strong in the water. I felt as though I was dragging myself through mud. I decided to time the last 500mtrs as a guage so that I can aim to improve it over the next couple of months. Drumroll.... 10:33 for 500mtrs. I should be a good minute quicker than that! I did have my quads cramping for 150mtrs of this so I didn't do much kicking for that time. Anyway, no excuses it still would have been well over the 10min mark.

Must do more swimming!

0 comments: