Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Ride Inside

Today was our Friday Ride Inside session. I really love these sessions - I never get left behind!

It started out a bit shaky when I managed to fall off one of the stationary rollers! The back wheel sits on 2 drums that roll and the front wheel sits on a frame that does up with the same set up as a quick release wheel. I had set myself up and was just starting to warm up when I leaned a bit to the right and the bike went with me! Luckily Jacque was setting up next to me and managed to catch me!!! She made some comment about how dangerous I was as it was Jacque who had to avoid me when I hit the pavement! Well, that got the heart going - for both of us!

The session was a gear ladder. We did 3 minutes in our big gear at the front and the easiest at the back then we had a 3 minute break. We kept doing this until we were riding in our hardest gear. I was on the 2nd resistance setting on the rollers and my cadence started out around 110 - 115, halfway through it I was struggling to keep my cadence above 80. Mark came around and adjusted our resistance at this poing to the lowest setting. This helped, but it was still hard work - it was a great session.

We then did a run off the bike for a few hundred metres. I really struggled with this as my legs were still carrying the residual tightness from the cramping the night before. My left calf in particular was threatening to cramp up, so I ended up backing off and stretching it out really well when I got back. Another reason not to swim at night - it interrups successive sessions.

We celebrated Friday and a completion of another Ride Inside with coffee at Albertos.

0 comments: