Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

We're in Flood!


I was due to do a long bike ride this morning with a friend, however I am flooded in. We went for a drive this morning and Chambers Flat Road was completely flooded with a car just showing its roof racks in the middle!

Since I last posted I have done 2 runs and they were both really hard. We went away for 3 nights to Rainbow Beach in the middle of cyclonic weather. Optimistically we packed our bikes up and took them up with us. The first day was hot, humid and wet. I got up early and went for a 7.5km run. It was quite nice running along Inskip Point out towards Fraser Island in the misty rain, it was good to run in a spot that is different from the norm. The run was really hard work, I haven't been doing a great deal of running lately due to injury initially and lately because of Christmas and laziness, so this was a big wake up call to run 7.5k in 47mins.

The next run I did was yesterday, same location, however the skies were clear and it was hot - really hot! I ran 8k in 49min 30secs. Very shabby, I found it really hard work. When I think of how little running I have been doing I deserve to be suffering! The good part about my second run though was that my legs, hip and foot felt much better than on the first run, so that's a pretty good indication that I am good to go. So, I'm a runner again!!! I will probably try and run every 2nd or 3rd day now with a fairly aerobic intensity just to get back into it. This will also go towards removing some of the christmas pudding, chocolates and chips from my mid section! Shortly I'll start running with BTS (www.brisbanetrisquad.com.au) again to try and get a bit quicker.

0 comments: