Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Ekka's here!

I love the Ekka... I am a member so I go several times a year and in fact I usually take a few days off work to attend. This year I am taking the week off! Can't wait. I am using it as a week to go to the Ekka and to put in a serious boost to my training.

This morning Sarah and I rode up Mt Nebo. We met at the Coffee Club at The Gap and up we went. Sarah was kind enough to say she wasn't waiting all that long at the top for me, I suspect she was there for quite some time! It was a very slow trip and embarrasing to say so but often my speedo was down around the 6km/hr mark... Oh well, let's just call it 'slow riding techniques'! I was pretty chuffed to get up the top and down the bottom, it was a great ride.

0 comments: