Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Getting on with it

Well, I am slowly getting there. I have done a couple of 5km loops from home which are horribly hilly, a river loop and 1 swim. I am trying not to put too much pressure on myself just yet. Want to make sure that I am healthy and my lungs are up to it.

Overall though, I have been feeling pretty good, so today I ventured into my first long run. I ran 11kms from home with Nattie as my running companion. She has been really enjoying the running with me and she is quite good to go running with.

We left home and headed up Kersley Road onto Kenmore Road and then followed Fig Tree Pocket down to the end and then into Lone Pine. Return trip was 11km's. Had to walk up a bit of steep hill on Fig Tree Pocket road, the rest was slow, however it was a run, so I am pretty happy with that.

I think Nattie would have preferred the distance to be 9kms though! She was dragging the chain a bit. Thankfully Craig was driving up to the shops and saw us and he took Nattie with him so she didn't have to run all the way home! Lucky girl!

0 comments: