Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Samford - Dayboro ride

Today, being the Ekka public holiday a group of us arranged to do a longer ride out to Dayboro and back from Jacque G's place.

We headed out at sparrows with a nice group; Jacque, Sarah, Bec, Simon and myself. Unfortunately, every hill we came to I got dropped... And that was just riding up Samford Road. Anyway, they were kind enough to wait for me at every hill. Samford hill we just all regrouped at the Samford servo which was good.

The road out to Dayboro was a little hillier than I was expecting. Craig had told me that it was pretty flat with just a bit of a climb into Dayboro, however he must have ridden a different road in because the road I was on was quite hilly!

Also, being a Wednesday, it wasn't a public holiday for everyone so there was a little bit of traffic and quite a few trucks, they were all really considerate though which was good.

On the return we called into the servo at Samford for some refueling and met Chris and Sophie there on their way through doing a Nebo Glorious Samford loop.

Other than my being slow slow, I was pretty pleased with the ride. It was just over 7okms so that's a good few kilometres to have under the belt.

We celebrated with coffee and toast at Jacque's place - it was very civilised.

It did interfere with my Ekka going though. I went to the Ekka with Mum and I was a bit tired and cranky and thirsty....

0 comments: