Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Swim week!!

Well, with less than 5 weeks to go until the Gold Coast Half Ironman I am starting to think that I should get a bit more serious about my swimming. To date I have been swimming half heartedly once or twice a week for about 30mins. Not really classified as swim training!

So, after my 30mins of bumbling around in the pool today I got out and I went and had a chat to Trent Patten who runs the Valley lunchtime squad sessions. He's a great guy, I really enjoy his sessions and I think that he is a great coach. So, I told him that I will join his squad!

So, Wednesday and Thursday I swam with the squad. Wednesday's session was with Trent and I seemed to cope OK with that and there were even 2 people swimming behind me (only just though). Thursday was a different story, it was swimming with Dan Atkins and the session was a bit different, the swimmers were faster (or was I slower - not sure!). The end result was I was getting lapped in the slow lane and couldn't hold 100mtrs on the 2mins! So, big wake up call for me, I really need to swim 4 times a week from here on in otherwise I am not going to be comfortable getting out of the water at Coomera. Or, more importantly I am going to lose valuable minutes there where I can't really afford to lose any minutes with the cutoff time looming in front of me.

Swimming focus week for me!

0 comments: