Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

2nd attempt at swimming at night

I made a concerted effort to go to swimming tonight!

I got to the Valley Pool early enough to see Libby Lenton swimming, what a beautiful swimmer!

Mark put me in to the slow lane and told me to take it pretty easy. It was good, I worked hard but at no time did I feel stressed or pressured and it worked really well. There was another swimmer there that was just a little bit quicker so we hung out together and worked each other quite hard which was good. Also because the lane is so much bigger there at the edge of the pool we didn't have any problems overtaking or anything.

I can't remember what we did exactly, we did some breathing on every 5 strokes which was really hard!

I am just ecstatic that I survived the session. I hydrated well all day - drank 2 x 1ltr bottles of water and I only got the tinge of a cramp which went away pretty much straight away when I went back to breaststroke. I will make a habit of going along to at least 1 of Mark's sessions, probably the Thursday one each week. I will also do the Saturday lunchtime squad session and then do 2 or 3 of my own sessions and that way my own can be social easy continous swims. This should at least get me the fitness I need for Mooloolaba.

0 comments: