Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lovely LBR

I did the Saturday ride with BTS and we left Stafford with Suzanne and me out front of the group. We were a group of about 12 which is not a bad size group. We quickly got the sack as we had no idea where we were going and the people shouting directions had less of an idea!

I ended up about in the middle of the pack and it was raining and pretty horrible. I was quite worried as this was my first pack ride since my accident. I really need to work on my confidence as I wasn't holding the wheel which I know is really annoying for everyone... I actually got better at the end of the ride so I am hoping that this will improve fairly quickly and I will be back to riding OK in the pack.

There was one time where we rode around the airport where John was sent up to the front - I knew we were in trouble then! All of a sudden I was trying to hang on for dear life! I was behind Sarah and she hung in there, but unfortunately I got dropped off, I just couldn't hang on to them. I'm doing OK fitness wise on the bike at the moment so it really shows how well Sarah is going to be able to hang on to the guns.

We then rode fairly casually out to Boondall wetlands and then the slower ones (yes that's me) came back with Bronny via Nudgee Beach and the Chermside Criterium and bike tracks. It was a very relaxed pace and it was extremely civilised due to us racing the following day. If only all rides were like this!

It ended up being a 2 1/2 hour ride with my heart rate not often above 130's.

0 comments: