Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Ride Inside

Today was a Ride Inside session with Brisbane Tri Squad. Mark took the session and it was very hard!

It consisted of a warmup, followed by 3 x 10min 110 cadence efforts with HR at 90%, 5min recover in between. Then there were 3 x 2min efforts at 90 cadence with the biggest gear that can be maintained to hold the 90 cadence, the last minute we went up a few harder gears just to make sure we were working! We then ran off the bike up to the corner and back.

Needless to say, I was stuffed. I got my HR up to 153 - just. 153 is 90% of my max HR on the bike (171). Most of the time I wasn't at 90%, I found it really hard to get my HR up to that level, I was sweating like a pig and working really hard! It was a very hard session.

The run was great; Paul was a bit crook so he ran with me and pushed me the whole way - I was breathing really hard and just about ready to explode! Paul was keeping up and chatting the whole way! How do they do it? I thanked him at the end in between raspy gasping of breath and I think that's when he realised why I wasn't able to talk to him while running!

0 comments: