Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Swim

I was supposed to do a 3 hour ride this morning... However, we slept in - it was total bliss!

Now I'm feeling a bit guilty...

We did manage to get to the Brisbane Tri Squad Swim at the Brisbane Boys Grammar Pool. It was great. Lots of mass starts and games and core strength exercises followed by a few relays. I love these sessions. There were quite a lot of people there - nearly 30 I would say. A lot of them are quite new and some are from the beginners squad so it was good to see some new faces and meet new people.

I felt as though my swimming was OK, I feel like as long as my stroke doesn't get rushed then I'm swimming OK. Some of the relays I think I would have done better had I slowed my stroke down and strengthened it rather than just trying to swim fast - more efficiency required I think as the faster I try to swim the less efficient my stroke becomes. I will try to be conscious of this in any of the sprints/relays we do in the future.

0 comments: