Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Leisurely swim

In line with my Mooloolaba preparation I swam today at lunch. There were a couple of us from work that went along to Somerville Pool. I did a 300mtr warmup freestyle, 1.2km pool buoy swim, 200mtr warmdown. I really spent the time concentrating on my stroke, mainly on pulling all the way through and reaching out in front and really grabbing the water. I also tried to concentrate on high elbows under the water as well as over.

It actually felt OK, I felt strong and felt as though my form was hanging in there. I just really need to do more swimming as the Mooloolaba Triathlon is less than 6 weeks away and I have not really made any inroads to my swim preparation.

Today's swim felt a bit like a bludge - more of a social outing than training, so I think I need to have a little attitude adjustment to my swimming!

0 comments: