Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

A good run

It was a lovely morning in Brisbane.

I ran with the squad. Craig didn't come in as he is tapering for Geelong Half Ironman. It is very exciting as we are flying down to Melbourne tomorrow for it. It will be lovely to be going to a triathlon as a spectator. Mark and Tim are also going down for it, so I will be support crew for all of them.

The run this morning was over the Goodwill Bridge, into the Botanic Gardens and then we did some stride outs. After our warm up we went up the steps (doing quick steps) near the Edward St Entrance and turned left and ran 90% effort to the next steps and then recovery down those steps and along the water. I did this continuously for 6 loops. As usual I really struggled with the warm up and was just hanging onto the group, but I found my rhythm with the loops and felt really strong. I didn't check my HR, but I reckon it was near max HR! I managed to do 6 loops, a few did 8 (or maybe 9) loops and a most did 5 loops, so I was somewhere in the middle which was really pleasing. I was certainly feeling as though some of my run fitness may be returning which is great.

Whilst we were in the Botanic Gardens I saw Anna Bligh our Premier, so that was exciting.

I didn't pull up too sore. I wore my skins all day just in case. My foot is bothering me just a little, I think I will have to make the effort to go to the Physio next week to sort out my hip and foot.

I was going to swim today, however I got caught up in work and didn't make it to the pool so I am going to have to make amends when we are down in Geelong.

0 comments: