Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Big Gear Ring Spinervals

I made the decision last night to not go and do the squad ride as the weather prediction was for heavy rain and I really didn't want to do Mt Gravatt if there was heavy rain around.

So, I made the decision to set up the bike on the wind trainer and do the Big Gear Ring Strength DVD which is effective reproducing Hill efforts pushing a hard gear which is what the plan was at Mt Gravatt.

The session I did was as follows:

Warmup 5mins (small/15 gear) easy resistance
3 x 30sec / 30sec rest
1 min easy
One leg drill 3 x 1min each leg (big/12) hard resistance (5)
1 min easy (small/15)
5 min effort 45sec standing (big/12) 15 sec seated (big/13)
1 min easy (small/15)
5 x 1min hard (big/12) 1 min rest (small/15)
Off bike - One leg lunges 3 x 10 each leg
2 min easy
3 min effort 50sec standing 10sec seated
1 min easy
3 x 1min hard 1 min rest
1 min easy
3 x 20sec sprint 1min recovery
Cooldown

It was quite a hard session and my legs are really feeling it! You are unable to bludge, that is for sure! Although I did get a phone call midway through the lunges. Actually, I need to work on the lunges, mine were feeble attempts really. I didn't go down anywhere near low enough. I will have to work on this. I might incorporate them into my core exercises.

0 comments: