Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Ride Inside Spin

Today was a hard session... Unlike the others! It was more of a cardio session than a strength session. We did 4minutes with a high cadence of 110 or more @ 95%, then a break and we would do it all again. I think we did this 4 or 5 times. This was the main set, there was warmup and cooldown, etc also. I found it really difficult to keep on the 110 cadence, I tried an easier gear but then I didn't feel as though I was working hard enough. I did the set in my big gear ring and about the 3rd easiest on the rear. We would progressively go into a harder gear during the set which made it even harder to keep on the cadence of 110.

We did a run off the bike at the end of the last set and I flew off the bike and tried to hang onto Jacquie Elliot, but she was getting away from me. I passed Chris and he made encouraging comments, although I couldn't respond (can't talk - breathing!!!). However, I was pulled up pretty quickly as my left calf was threatening to cramp, so I eased back and Chris passed me by and I lost Jacqui... Never mind, I will get there one day!

Had coffee with the guys afterwards and then flew home to pack and catch a plane to Melbourne to support Craig's Geelong 70.3 Half Ironman quest! How exciting!

0 comments: