Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Easy swim

Does it get any easier that this??

My swim today was 1km solid, no breaks really concentrating on my stroke and form. The things that I was really trying to focus on was pushing my stroke right back by touching my thigh with my thumb and then trying to push the water back behind me out of the water. I tried to visualise splashing someone behind me with the water that I had dragged through. The other thing was climbing a ladder with my arms - really reaching up for that next rung and pulling myself through. And lastly, I concentrated on trying to keep high elbows on top of my stroke when my arm was out of the water and also when my stroke was under the water - to maintain the high elbows. This still needs a bit of work.

After my 1km I was chatting to my old coach who also happened to be swimming so I started to run out of time and ended up finishing the session with 100m kick, 100m pull (bilaterally breathing; unlike the 1km) and then 100m breaststroke where I concentrated on high elbows and not pulling my stroke too far back. I just wanted to keep it nice and neatly in front of me.

So, it felt as though it was a bit of a bludge and I do really need to step up my swimming if I am going to survive Mooloolaba. The 1km felt good, I felt as though I could maintain my stroke the whole way through and it didn't feel too bad. Maybe I have got something to work with!

0 comments: