Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

45min run

My favourite session of the week! Today was an easy 45min run with HR between 140 and 155bpm.

I ran from home down the end of our street and up Hogan Street to the end, did two loops of Hogan Street and then ran back to the gate at our place. This was 6.4kms and it took me 45minutes.

I am not going to translate the pace as it was very slow. I had to run pretty slow to keep my HR down. The first 10minutes I couldn't get my HR below 160 and it was often in the 170's and I was going SLOW. This is common for me though; having a high HR for the first 10minutes of a session and then it calms down once I warm up. Maybe it's the shock of exercise and my body reacting to it!!!

The morning was wet, it was raining when I left, but it was quite comfortable, it was muggy and it smelt beautiful (except the paddock down the end of our street with all the rotting food!). No dogs bothered me as they were all curled up under cover! On the way back in it absolutely poured down! By the time I finished the run you could have wrung me out.

The run felt good, a little foot niggle which I will end up going to the physio about soon. I booked in for a massage today to go and see a new woman at Carina tomorrow night, so I am looking forward to that. She comes highly recommended so we'll see how that goes. It will be nice for her to free up my shoulders and neck.

0 comments: