Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mt Cootha Repeats

Today was Brisbane Triathlon Squad's first session of 3 out at Mt Cootha. We park in the bottom in the Botanic Gardens which is quite unfortunate as the warmup involves riding up a steep slope to get to Slaughter Falls where we congregated before heading up.

We were supposed to do 3 repeats up the Mt in a clockwise position and once we reach the top turn around and come back down to do the next repeat. It was supposed to be 500mtrs hard, 250 recovery, 500mtrs hard, 250 recovery, etc. until we got to the top, cadence was supposed to be up around 60. This wa a bit of a joke for me as I was in my granny gear pretty much from the bottom of the hill to the top with my cadence quite low (computer wasn't working but it would have been around 40) working my guts out just to get there! There is certainly no recovery in hills for me! I did manage to overtake a few of the girls on the way up and then they all overtook me on the downhill and then we would do it all again. Quite funny really.

I really lack confidence going downhill. I spoke to Mark about it as we were riding back to the car and he said not to be too concerned it's the uphill that we gain the strength from and there are very few triathlons that I am doing that have massive downhills (just Noosa really). So, I can live with that.

I managed to get up the Mt not quite 3 times. So, I was quite happy with the effort.

0 comments: