Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bribie Island Triathlon Team

Craig and the kids all came along to watch and cheer for BTS. Craig didn't compete so he was my strapper after me being his strapper at Geelong Half Ironman last weekend! The team wave was last so I didn't get out onto my run until 9:17am. It was quite warm but not exceedingly so.

My run was about 46 minutes. I was really happy with this considering how I had been feeling lately. Yesterday, after my bike ride I was shattered and it was a really easy cycle. So, I started the run with a bit left as I didn't know how I was going to go. As I built into the run I started to feel really good and felt quite strong. I ended up doing the first lap in 24mins and the last lap in 22mins so I managed to negative split it. I don't remember ever doing that in a run before! My HR was quite high, it was between 164 and 175 so I was working very hard.

I know that Team Hulme didn't come last as I passed another runner in the same category! However, we didn't set a new course record either! It was good to do an 8km run, it is probably the longest run I have done in a little while. I will start to build these up over the next few weeks in preparation for Mooloolaba.

0 comments: