Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Running with Snakes

I turned up at Active Stride for my run session this morning with Brisbane Tri Squad and there were only a handful of us. As we headed out for our warmup Robson asked if we wanted to have a look at his snake. We all made disparaging comments and told him we didn't need to see his snake! Halfway along the Kangaroo Point Cliffs he stopped and pointed to a nest where you could see a python all crawled up with eggs ready to hatch. She looked quite lovely.

Our run session consisted of some quick steps at the steps along the end of the path and some lunges (2 steps at a time) and then a run up Main Road and around to the right to the top of the Kangaroo Point Cliffs. We then crossed the road and did a circuit that had a bit of a hill in it. We were to go easy around the block until we came to the uphill street where we were to push it all the way to the top and then easy recovery around and do it again. We did this loop 5 times. I was a bit buggered at the end of that! My HR got up to mid 170's.

We then ran easy back until we got to the red statue and then hard to the Goodwill bridge and easy jog home. There wasn't too much easy about any of it!!!

0 comments: