Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday Brick Session

Today we did a brick session at Sutton's Beach at Redcliffe. We also managed to coincide it with some Surf Life Saving championships so we were very squished for space!

Mark tried to teach us to do the flying mount. I know this sounds really defeatist, but I completely suck at it, have no flexbility, no coordination, so I am just going to get on and off like a slow goober until I am competitive within my age group. At the moment I am coming in the middle of my age group, so I think I can afford to get on and off safely without having to worry too much about it. I think I prefer the scoot, scoot method that Garry Alston started to teach me where you put your left foot on the shoe on the pedal scoot a couple of times and then throw your right leg over and away you go. Yeah, it sounds easy, but I made it look completely difficult!

Anyway, the session was quite good, we same about 150-200mtrs, rode 5kms, ran 1.5kms and kept going until we ran out of time. I got through 2 full sessions and did the 3rd swim before running out of time.

I felt like it was a bit of a bludge, it was mainly because there was so many people around that it was hard to go really hard as you had to be a bit cautious with so many kids and people around.

We went and celebrated with a buffet breakfast at the hotel up the road - very civilised, but not really looking after my weight!

0 comments: