Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Crit Session

This morning Craig, Faye, Jacque and I met at the Nundah Crit track for our Crit session.

It involved a 20min warmup, 20min 70-80 cadence HARD set, followed by a 30min cool down.

We all said that we felt OK (other than a bit tired - we were meeting at 5am!!!).  But, it's funny - as soon as we started pedalling I think we all had that dead leg feeling. I was thinking that this was going to be a tough session!  Obviously the Dayboro ride took more out of my legs than I thought.

I made sure that my warmup was in the small chain ring with a high cadence to really turn the legs over.  When we started the 20min set I felt a lot better, the legs were no longer dead and I was feeling like that was a good warmup. 

The 20min set was good, Craig caught me and then we played tag for the rest of the ride, he would be in front for a couple of laps, then I would be in front for a couple of laps.  I think he was slightly stronger, but there really wasn't much in it.  I drafted off him a little, but mainly it was out to the side which was good.  I think I'm in trouble when he starts cranking up the Ridley Dean though!!  Hopefully he will get that fitted up some time this week, which will make a bit of difference at the crit track next week.

The warmdown felt good.  Legs felt OK and no longer dead.  I think this session will be a good one to follow through with after the long rides on a Sunday.  It will hopefully give the legs a good flush out!

0 comments: