Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Run from home

When I ran the PWC Cool Night Classic run the other night I did something to my hamstring.  It was really sore straight after and that night, so I did plenty of walking, gentle stretching, light massage, rubbed some Zen in and slept in my skins.  The next morning, it was fine.  I was quite surprised given the degree of soreness the previous night, however I didn't really give it a great deal of thought.

Well, today was my first run since then and I thought of that stupid hamstring the minute I started running!  I figured that it was still a bit tight and it would loosen up as I warmed up and perhaps I would modify my run to stay on the flat ground rather than do my planned hilly run.

However, after a few minutes of running, the pain was worsening, to the point that I was limping.  I did a few walk/runs to see how it was going but in the end I did a 45min walk instead of my planned hilly run!  Very frustrating...

I have a massage booked for Friday, so I will bring it forward to Wednesday and see if my wonder masseuse Ally can make it better.  I will then try a gentle flat run on Thursday and see if there is any improvement.

Nattie came out with me and she much prefers a run than a walk but she settled down OK.  She hasn't been out for a while so it was good for her to get out and about.

0 comments: