Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

First long swim

This set was interesting.  3.4kms all with paddles and pool buoy.

It was a pyramid set as follows:  2 x 50m, 100m, 200m, 300m 400m 300m 200m 100m 50m, last 50m swum HARD.

I found it better than I thought, I was prepared to remove the paddles if my form was completely shot.  I had to work really hard to hold my form together, particularly through the last pyramid but managed to get through it OK.  I swum with Faye and it was at the Valley pool and they had made it into a 25m pool, it was really hard to keep track of the laps - Faye kept doing extra as she was out in front (lapping me!).  I think we both found it really hard to keep track of.

We were chatting and have decided that this might be a great session to bring the bikes and wind trainers along to and make it into a brick session.  We might alternate and do these as open water swims followed by a ride.

One bad thing about this swim set is I purchased a new pool buoy last thursday when I left mine at home and decided that I would buy one and keep it at work and then I would have one at home and one at work.  They didn't have the type that I had been using and the one that I purchased chaffed me a bit on thursday's session, it chaffed me a LOT on Saturday's session.  Not a good look, also my togs are chaffing me, so I am looking kind of weird at the moment between the chaffing and the cupping on my legs that Faye gave me after the swim!

My career as a swimsuit model is not looking too bright!!!

0 comments: