Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Saturday swim set

This is our long swim for the week.  It is 3.4km long made up of a set of 2 pyramid's (50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50) all performed with pull buoy and paddles.

Craig, Faye and I all headed off to the Valley Pool, it was once again made into a 25mtr pool which makes it a real challenge to keep count of laps! 

I jumped in the same lane as Faye and I was feeling OK.  Faye pulled away from me fairly quickly and I ended up not taking the full breaks so that I didn't end up being lapped.  The last 50m of each set was HARD, so I was using the easy laps as my recovery.  Craig and Faye were swimming fairly similar and thankfully they had a bit longer break in between the 2 pyramids.  I started right behind Faye when she started her 2nd pyramid and I thought that I would try and stick to her like glue, which of course meant that my 'easy' laps were now upgraded to 'comfortably uncomfortable!'. 

Thankfully, though I was able to hang on, although she was pulling away on the fast laps.  So, I will try and stick to either Faye or Craig doing this set and hopefully that pace will become 'easy'.  Basically this is a huge improvement for me as Faye lapped me last week on more than one occasion.

We had breakfast at Campo's around the corner which was fantastic.  Nothing like a good breakfast and nice coffee after a good session.

0 comments: