Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Recovery swim

My plan today was to swim at the Valley pool in Trent's squad session.  However, some guy topped himself at Deagon Station and this meant that all of the trains were out of whack.  I would have arrived there around 12:20 missing out on 1/3 of the session.

So, I took a train down to Somerville Pool at Southbank seeing as I couldn't go northbound for some time and swam there instead.

It was quite good; a little congested but not annoyingly so.  I ended up doing a 'recovery' 1500m swim.  Mainly freestyle with no paddles/pb (yeah!!!)  I mixed it up with some kick and some breastroke.

I could feel my ankles this morning at the Crit session when I was riding hard, so it was probably good to use them a bit today and loosen them up a bit.  I certainly wasn't pushing it so I wasn't putting additional pressure on them.

My plan will be to do Trent's session on a Monday if I am feeling good, however if I am sore I will probably do a similar session to what I did today and it will become an active recovery session.  I am playing around with the plan at the moment trying to work out how it all fits together best.

0 comments: