Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

PWC Cool Night Classic run

Well tonight was the PWC Cool Night Classic run. This is an annual 5km run through Brisbane's botanic gardens and over to South Bank parklands and back to the Botanic gardens.

I have done this run before in it's different incarnations, it was made a bit better this year by having wave starts where there was a break in between people allowing a bit more space on the course, however it was still quite congested in places.

My goal was to run it hard and to see how I would go. I knew that I wasn't running at my fastest, but I was hoping that it wasn't too slow. I ended up running it in 27mins 30, so I was running at 5:45min/k pace. Not great but about what I expected.

Now, here is where it gets a bit ugly - about 1km in my hamstring started to really hurt. After the run as soon as I stopped it was really tight and sore. Walking back to the office it was really sore. I am sitting here typing this in my skins and I will sleep in them in the hope that this magically makes it all better!

0 comments: