Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lunchtime swim set

I was quite pleased with the swim set today.

It was as follows:

6 x 50m warmup with paddles/pb
38 x 50m 5secs rest all on the same time
6 x 50m cool down - it was supposed to be with paddles/pb, but I mixed it up with breaststroke, backstroke, freestyle and kicking.

The 50m were all coming in around the 1min mark give or take.  I was finding this quite easy aerobically, but hard with the paddles.  I am hoping that once I adapt to the paddles that I will be able to consistently bring these on the 50-55secs.  That will be my goal, to be churning them out on the minute with 5secs rest.

These sessions are really hard for me, predominately what gets me up the other end of the pool is my kick, so I am hoping that by working on my weakness like this I will get some good gains in my swimming.  Time will tell...

0 comments: