Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nundah Crit session

Well, looking at the programme I thought that this would be quite a good session. I just didn't realise how hard it was going to be!

I arrived at the track and Jacque and Faye had ridden there and were ready to roll, I'm going to have to get there 15minutes before them in future so that I can warm up before they get there as I had to hold them up whilst I warmed up.

This was my first real ride on my bike since the new chain replacement from the weekend so I was keen to see how the bike was going. It was changing gears superbly - thanks Dad! I did manage to drop the chain when it was in the middle at the back trying to go from the small to large chain ring in the front, but the jury's out on that one, maybe it's a bike bonding thing that I need to sort out!

The main session was 6 x 5min FAST with a 70-80 cadence with 1min rest in between. We worked out that this would roughly equate to 2 laps plus a bit with the rest being recovery. I managed to time one of them and it was only 4mins 40secs, so next time I do this session I'll try and get it a bit more accurate.

Then it was a quick cool down and off to work.

The session was difficult, it was really hard and I felt the effects all day. I think this is going to be a valuable session and I hope that we can see improvements with it over time.

0 comments: