Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Definition of frustration...

The weekend's training was a bit lax to say the least.

I woke up to the sound of heavy rain on Saturday morning. I was scheduled to do a run but quickly decided that a visit to Moggill Markets with my gumboots and umbrella would be much more fun. As I was driving out there the rain cleared and it was looking like turning into a lovely day! Murphy's law. I had a packed day planned with a lot of running around to do, so postponing the run was not an option unfortunately.

Sunday's ride was planned to be a 3 hour ride out at Coomera with Trish, Alex, and a few of their mates who Trish worked with. I arrived and rode out the first lap with Trish and about 15kms into the ride my chain broke. It was quite ugly and noisy and I thought that it had taken out the beautiful SRAM Red cluster, but on closer inspection realised that the teeth missing from it were as designed! Nice. So, a trip to the bike shop for a new chain and a drive over to Dad's to make it all better was in order. Dad got it all running nicely and I now have an extra couple of gears to use which is an added bargain.

So, all in all the weekends training was a bit of a fizzer... I'm thinking that I will enjoy the down time as I know that there is going to be a lot happening in the coming months.

0 comments: