Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm back running - Woo Hoo!

Well, after injuring my hamstring 2 weeks ago, I have been a bit cautious, some may even say over cautious about running.

I attempted to run last Thursday after giving it a week to settle down, however it was still troubling me and I found myself limping only a few minutes into the run so decided that it needed more time.

So, after some massage and cupping (thanks Faye!), some rest, some Zen linament and plenty of Skins wearing I ventured out to do a run today.

Of course my whole conscious was tuned into my hamstring and I really couldn't detect much at all!  I did only do an easy flat 20min run, however, there was no pain whilst running and no pain once I cooled down.  Very happy with that.

Plan moving forward is as follows:  another run on Tuesday 30mins easy flat, see how I pull up, then on Thursday, our 5km hilly loop and see how I pull up.  No running off the bike until I am satisfied that all is good.  Well, that's my excuse anyway!

So, I'm really pleased that I am back running, I can try and build up some distance in a couple of weeks if it all holds together OK.  Moral of the story - no 'speed' work for me until at least after the Ironman NZ race. 

0 comments: