Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A mixed bag of a day!

This morning I was supposed to run...

I was really tired yesterday, so was in bed nice and early (8:30pm), I would have been sound asleep well before 9!  The alarm went off at 5:30 and I realised that because I was only doing an easy 30min jog to test out the hamstring I could lie in bed for another 20 minutes or so.  Nice. 

Well, I probably don't need to tell you what happened...  I awoke at 7:15 in a major panic (now late for work).  So, I flapped around the house and ended up at work not too much later than I wanted to be, but obviously - no run.

My swim at lunchtime, however was great.  For some reason the set only had a small portion of pool buoy and paddles, which given my current state of chaffing I was not about to argue about!  The set was as follows:

4 x 100m w/u
6 x 3 x 25m easy, 1 x 25m ALL OUT
200m ALL OUT (timed)
4mins recovery
4 x 3 x 25m easy, 1 x 25m ALL OUT
2 x 3 x 25m easy, 1 x 25m ALL OUT (with pool buoy and paddles
200m ALL OUT (timed)
4mins recovery
4 x 100m c/d with paddles/pb.

The timed sessions were a little better than last week - progress!!!

I did the first one in 3mins 50secs, however I choked on water and after trying to persevere ended up coughing and doing a few strokes of breaststroke, so was really quite surprised to see that I was under the 4min mark.

The second one was 3mins 42secs, so this is 10secs quicker than my fastest last week.  More than happy with that.

I am trying to work out how to pace these 200mtrs time trials; it is a difficult distance to pace for because it is not a sprint, however, it's not a distance pace either.  So, I have been trying to do them quickly but ensuring that I am still getting a good pull action.  Once I go too quick that I lose my pull, I back it off a bit.  Best description would probably be a fast, strong pace.  A bit funny really coming from such a slow swimmer!

I do need to set a new goal for these though, I need to up the ante.  My new goal will be to get these both under the 3min 30secs mark! If I can achieve that I am pretty sure that I would be swimming at my previous best or pretty close to it.

0 comments: