Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Swim set - very ordinary :-(

Today's swim was tough...

I don't know if it was residual soreness from the Cootha reps yesterday or residual soreness from my new bike fit, or lack of hydration....  But either way it was a session that I really struggled with, I had cramps threatening to rear their heads and then when I went to do the cool down I couldn't kick because my leg was cramping. It was in a weird spot - left leg, lower leg on the outside.  I have this funny feeling it is from my new cleat position on the bike.  I won't make any changes just yet, but if I am still sore in a couple of weeks I am going to have to tweak the fit.

The set was supposed to be a warm up of 3 x 100m, followed by 38 x 50m with 5secs recovery all on the same time with paddles and pull buoy, followed by a 3 x 100m cool down.  At times it was congested and I was held up and other times I dicked around at the end chatting instead of swimming, so in the end I just kept swimming without timing them or taking the 5 secs break.  I really had to concentrate on my stroke to push it though.  I think I have a tendency of not putting any 'muscle' into my pull.  So, I worked on this and noticed with the paddles that my stroke on the left hand side needs a bit of work to get a good 'pull' happening.  I will keep an eye on this.  I also found with a longer boring session like this that if I lost concentration I tended to 'flop' through the pool so I really need to try and stay focussed and I know that by working on this it is going to make the IM race a whole lot easier.

0 comments: